Food #ICook | Garlic Bread



I love garlic bread so much, I make my own :D

Plus, I'm pretty annoyed at how much a 3-piece basket of GB costs at restaurants. With 1 or 2 ringgit extra, you could make a whooping 20 pieces of GBs at home.

With this dish being Italian and all, it's ironic to think back that my first experience eating GB was in my late dad's kampung (home village) in Batu Kikir, Negeri Sembilan and not in some fancy/fast food restaurant hehee .. made by my aunt. Well, here's my version;

I used:

A stick of baguette or french loaf as some call it.
Half block of room-temperature butter, any kind
3 large cloves of garlic
Black pepper and dried herbs (any kind) to taste. 


Cooking it:

1. You could either finely chop your garlic or grate/crush them depending on your taste. If you chop them up, chances are you'd find some chunks on your bread. That's all.

2. Add your chopped/grated/crushed garlic, black pepper and herbs into the butter. Give a good mix.

3. Slice the baguette on a bias.

4. Spread your garlic-herb butter compound onto the baguette slices.

5. Bake in a 180-200C oven or simply toast on a frying pan or grill until brown. 

Voila! Your crispy GBs are served :D . I told you it's dead simple. I'm sorry I didn't take photos  during the cooking process though but I'm sure you can very well imagine it =D

You could easily get 15-20 slices here from a stick of baguette depending on how thin/thick you slice 'em up. That's easily 20 over ringgit in a restaurant. 

I love having my GBs with my pasta dish or with cooked tomatoes like a bruschetta. Read here.

Happy cooking!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Outdoor Malaysia | N. Sembilan | Gua Batu Maloi Caving Package

REVIEW | Colosseum - A NEW Event Space in Glenmarie Shah Alam

Harga Pakej Untuk Menerokai Gua Batu Maloi di Johol, Negeri Sembilan

Budget Travel Korea | Seoul | Han River Live Music Cruise

Budget Travel Korea | Seoul | Sulbing (설빙) Korean Dessert Cafe

Outdoor Malaysia | Perak | Whitewater Rafting in Gopeng

Budget Travel Korea | Busan | Samarkand Halal Uzbekistan Food Restaurant

Budget Travel Korea | Seoul | Eid 이드 Halal Korean Food Restaurant

Budget Travel Korea | Jeju | Raw Seafood & Haenyeo (woman diver) @ Seongsan Ilchulbong Peak

Budget Travel Indonesia | Banda Aceh & Pulau Weh | Getting There & Staying Connected